Allure of the Unknown


There are two ways to approach reading a book: 
(a) Choosing one based on prior knowledge or recommendation,
(b) Randomly selecting a book that catches your eye, which adds an element of suspense.

In the first scenario, you always have certain expectations for the book. However, in the second, the allure of the unknown is what drives your interest.

It's 12:15 AM, and I'm snuggled up in bed with the book "Gone Girl." After reading the first two chapters, I'm already captivated. This book had been sitting in my cupboard, face down, for over a year since I bought it at Blossoms in Bengaluru. Today, I finally decided to give it a read, and I'm amazed. My opinion of the book might change as I continue, but for now, I felt compelled to share my thoughts.

Life often parallels this dichotomy: you either have clear expectations, or you embark on something with no preconceived notions, and both are valid. These unexpected encounters keep us engaged, curious, and vibrant. The outcomes can range from disappointment to sheer brilliance. In the former, we set the book aside, while in the latter, we can't stop talking about it; the characters and their stories linger in our minds. This duality is the beauty of life. We hold onto cherished experiences and revisit them with nostalgia, while the less favorable ones serve as stepping stones toward finding those lasting, precious moments that we'll forever cherish in our hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts