Early Morning Terrace Reflection



Do we even have a set format for writing a blog? Because I'm going to disregard that format and start this blog however I please.

I went to bed unusually early last night, around 10 pm. I know that's not my usual routine, but yesterday I fell asleep with the lights on, which is completely out of character for me.

Anyway, as a result of that, I woke up around 4:20 am today. I grabbed some water and took the elevator to the terrace. The chilly air was incredibly refreshing, akin to sipping on a cup of coffee, minus the bitterness.

While "Railin oligal" played on my phone, I paced in circles on the terrace, gazing up at the dark, starry sky. The stars seemed to twinkle as if they were winking at me, saying, "Hi there, I knew you'd be here today!"

Typically, there's a lot of noise when I'm on the terrace – my fellow PG mates walking, laughing, chatting on the phone, car horns, and even the loud music from the nearby temple. But this morning, it was remarkably tranquil and serene.

The railway track is just a few meters away, and I heard a train passing by. Strangely, it added a unique charm to the song I was listening to. I couldn't tear my gaze away from the sky, as I spotted a group of cranes soaring high above. I glanced at the clock; it was precisely 4:33 am. Quite early for most, but the cranes had already embarked on their adventurous daily journey.

As I watched a plane taking off, simultaneously, I heard another train speeding down the street. I can't explain why, but at that moment, I welled up with emotion. It may seem insignificant to most, but sometimes, the tiniest moments can fill you with immense joy, suddenly making you feel profoundly grateful for experiencing this life, right here, right now, wherever you are.

When one learns to appreciate these beautiful, little moments, life can become truly magnificent, as we discover serenity and calmness in every aspect of it.






Comments

Popular Posts