A bus journey

3:47 pm
June 25, 2023

That's right, I boarded a bus to Cbe. I didn't believe I'd get a seat today, because most Sundays I don't. Guess I'm lucky after all. But it's a middle seat. To my left, sits a lady and to my right, an old man. The bus is speeding up. I've a catch clip for my hair, so with the window down and the wind hitting my face from the open door to my left, my hair is dancing. Not just how you dance for a slow song, no. Like a "tharam local dance- Dhanush style". But is it werid that I like it? Whenever the wind is blowing my hair all over my face, I kinda smile. It's just so amazing to feel the littlest things like this. I look out, and see a lot of birds flying towards their home, to their family. And my eyes lock on this one particular bird, it is alone. Flying, yes. But alone. I wonder why it flies alone. Does it have no family? No friends? No partner? And it kinda evokes something in me. That bird is brave. People say being alone is lonely, but what they forget to remember is that it takes a lot of courage. Okay to the bus again, that old man to my right is fast asleep. There is no music in the bus, most government run buses have no music. I always wonder how the driver sits alone like that and drives and drives, it must be so exhausting, must feel like forever. I can never drive without talking to someone or blasting some music, so how does he do it? Imagine what is going on that tiny brain of his. Is he hungry? Thirsty? Does he feel so away from his family? Or does he want to just end with it and sleep? And my eyes fall on this kid, playing with her dad's beard. She doesn't even know where she is headed, or why. All that matters to her is how she feels safe in her father's arms. It is a normal bus journey, but what you can experience in it is mind blowing. 

Comments

Popular Posts