A RAINY EVENING



This happened a week before. I was just back from my college and went to the terrace to collect my dried clothes and saw how cloudy it was. Knew it was going to rain. Until then I was tired and worn out, but my mood lifted as it started to drizzle. I went downstairs, put my clothes on my bed, grabbed my umbrella and rushed upstairs. 

It was a beautiful experience. Drizzles turned into showers. Some of my hostel mates were already dancing in the rain. The vibe was so contagious. They even invited me to join them, but I kindly declined. I opened my umbrella and stepped into the rain. The sound of the rain was so soothing to my ears. 

I walked slowly, sometimes moving the umbrella away from my face so that a few drops fall on me. My hands and legs were drenched, my outfit wet, and I was shivering because of the cold. I walked to a corner and glanced below. 

I saw a neem tree, shaking slowly like it was slow-dancing in a rhythm. People were standing under the tree as it was a shelter from the rain. A lot of street dogs were huddled up together, quietly looking at the rain. I stretched my hand outside the umbrella to feel the rain once more before heading downstairs to my room. It was so wholesome. 

Little things>>>>                            

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts