THOSE MIDNIGHT THOUGHTS


 Today, my English teacher asked us to write a poem in class. I guess you know how hard it is to write a poem, because the thoughts should flow and also the words, but I was lucky today. Because I was the first to complete it. But what matters is the self- satisfaction I got after submitting my paper. My teacher might not like what I wrote or it might not make sense. But it felt good, writing. As I was writing, my mind was also preparing how to put it on this blog and here are my heart and brain, in this following poem:

Stars, the moon, the dark sky,

Hiding beneath the clouds, shy.

An owl on a coconut tree,

Oh, only if I could be that free!

To fly away, away to the furthest place,

But I am stuck inside a vase.

I wish I could fall in love

And live the life of a dove,

All smiles, feet not touching the ground,

Oh I am thinking this round and around.

I want to leave everything behind

And start again, or rewind.

Maybe this is too early, or too late

But what am I to do now, mate?

The rhythm of the waves hitting the shore

Oh, it is never a bore.

Want to experience everything, go everywhere

But I am standing nowhere.

Showers falling on my head, like stones,

Feel like I am breaking my bones.

I want to wake up, fresh

And leave it all behind, in a rush.

You can't help me

Cause it's always me.


Do you hear the words, my friend???

Comments

  1. I'm so proud 😭😭😭✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent poem !!! 💫

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was already heared your words before you write in the class that u already know😂.
    My Friend, your thoughts & words are always amazing & niceeeeeeeee that u already know but this was something feels Niceeeeeeeee💯 ❤️.Keep on going my dear Franddddduuuuuuuuu 💖 Poet💜💫

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts